IVANS, a division of Applied Systems, is the property and casualty insurance industry’s exchange connecting insurers, MGAs, agencies and the insured. Recognized as a pioneer in insurance automation for more than 30 years, IVANS innovation and expertise has connected 30,000 independent insurance agencies and 380 MGA and insurer partners to enable millions of people to safeguard and protect what matters most in people’s lives.
- Year founded: 1983
- Mission: To power the global business of insurance through innovative, cloud-based software
- Headquarters: Tampa, Florida
- Why IVANS: IVANS is transforming the insurance industry by leveraging an established network of more than 30,000 insurance agencies and 380 MGAs and insurers to market, distribute and service insurance products through a single exchange in new ways than ever experienced before in the industry.
Who We Are
For more than 30 years, IVANS has been the industry standard for connectivity, enabling agency-MGA-insurer interactions and automated information exchange. Insurance agencies, MGAs and insurers have faced new challenges and demands on their businesses over time, and we have been there to guide them. Since 1983, IVANS been at the forefront of insurance technology, leading the way through innovation. As the insurance industry undergoes digital transformation, we are delivering new technology and expanded capabilities for this changing marketplace.
What We Do
The insurance industry is on the verge of a new era that will demand more and better information. IVANS cloud-based software automates the distribution and servicing of insurance products throughout the insurance lifecycle among agents, brokers, insurers and consumers. By enabling greater access to information and automating workflows, our customers can capitalize on new business opportunities, increase the efficiency and profitability of their businesses, and continuously deliver the high-level service that customers expect.
A Few Milestones Along the Way
- IVANS is founded by 21 insurance companies
- Applied Systems acquires IVANS and wins ACORD Download Vendor of the year for the 20th consecutive year
- 2014: IVANS acquires NxTech Incorporated to improve insurer-agency-MGA connectivity
- 2015: IVANS acquires EvoSure to add technological capabilities and expertise to accelerate future product offerings. Launch of IVANS Exchange – an online tool to view and manage download connections
- 2016: Launch of IVANS Market Appetite – an online search tool that enables insurers and MGAs to communicate appetite when agents begin searching for markets to submit new and renewal business
- 2017: Launch of IVANS Market Manager – an industry-first search engine for insurers to identify new business opportunities with agencies
By the Numbers
- 45+: Number of agency management systems that integrate with IVANS’ open platform
- 30,000+: Number of active agencies connected to insurers and MGAs via IVANS
- 380+: Number of insurers systems with proven IVANS integration
- 12 Million: Number download transactions exchanged via IVANS each month
- 94: Percentage of insurer download transactions delivered by IVANS each month
- 100: Percentage of IIABA Best Practices Agencies using IVANS technology1
1 2016 Best Practices Agency Study by the Independent Insurance Agents & Brokers of America and Reagan Consulting.